Crispy Green Beans and Special Sauce
From Paleo Magazine
- For the Green Beans:
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 lb fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 1 1 lg egg
- 1 1 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 tsp paprika
- dash dash black pepper
- For the Special Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 1 1 Tbsp tomato pasate
- 1 1/2 1 1/2 1/2 tsp fresh grated horseradish
- 2 2 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
2. In a small bowl, which together the egg and olive oil.
3. In a separate small bowl, combine the coconut flour, shredded coconut, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper.
4. Place green beans in a large bowl. Pour the egg wash and toss gently to fully coat. Add the coconut flour mixture and toss again. Place beans on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until beans are soft and the coating is lightly browned and crisp. If needed, place pan under the broiler for a minute to help it brown, but watch it carefully as it can burn quickly. Serve Green Beans with sauce.
5. In a small bow, whisk together all footer the sauce ingredients until combined.