- 1 1 1 lb. asparagus, stalks trimmed
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 2 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 2 2 2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 c. honey
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, for garnish
Preheat oven to 425°. On a large baking sheet, toss asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Push to one side of the baking sheet and sprinkle mozzarella on top.
On the other side of the baking sheet, toss cherry tomatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake until the asparagus is tender and the cheese has melted, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, make balsamic glaze: In a small saucepan, combine balsamic vinegar and honey. Simmer until reduced by half, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes (the mixture should coat the back of a spoon). Let cool slightly.
Transfer cheesy asparagus to a serving platter. Top with roasted tomatoes then drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with basil.