panna cotta, coconut with tropical fruit
19 gr carbs
- 1 1 1 tbsp powdered gelatin
- 15 15 15 oz, can coconut cream
- 13.5 13.5 can 13.5 oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 2 2 cups chilled whipping cream
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 fruits, such as kiwi, mango, papaya, star fruit, pineapple, or kumquats, peeled, if necessary. and sliced or cut up (1 1/2 cups total)
- dark rum, optional
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 360mins
sprinkle gelatin evenly over 1/4 cup cool water in a small bowl. set aside to soften.
in a medium saucepan, heat coconut cream and milk over medium heat until the sides begin to bubble. reduce heat and whisk in the softened gelatin, stirring until completely dissolved.
fill a large bowl with ice cold water. strain coconut mixture into a bowl that will fit easily into the bowl of cold water. set bowl of coconut mixture into bowl of water to cool, stirring every few minutes with a rubber spatula until the mixture starts to thicken and replacing the cold water occasionally. if mixture starts to set, remove it immediately.
remove bowl of coconut mixture from the bowl of water. empty water and wipe the bowl dry. in dry bowl, stir whipping cream and powdered sugar together until sugar is dissolved. stir into coconut mixture. divide among 6 7-8 oz custard cups. chill until firm, at least 6 hours.
to serve, top with fruit and a drizzle of rum.