Traditional sauce for gyros.
- 16 16 16 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 1 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- Pinch Pinch kosher salt
- 4 4 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 1 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 2 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 5 to 6 5 to 6 6 mint leaves, finely minced
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Place the yogurt in a tea towel, gather up the edges, suspend over a bowl, and drain for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Place the chopped cucumber in a tea towel and squeeze to remove the liquid; discard liquid. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the drained yogurt, cucumber, salt, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and mint. Serve as a sauce for gyros. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.