Bites - Cookie Dough
- 1 1/4 cups canned* chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (165 grams) natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (80 grams) honey (agave would be amazing too!)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder**
- a pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn’t have salt in it
- 1/2 cup (90 grams) chocolate chips
- My can was a 400 gram can, 240 grams without the water, and I used all but a few tablespoons
- If you need grain-free baking powder, you can use 1 part cream of tartar + 1 part baking soda + 2 parts arrowroot.
Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C.
Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they’re combined.
Put in the chocolate chips and stir it if you can, or pulse it once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.
With wet hands, form into 1 1/2″ balls. Place onto a piece of parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don’t do much rising. Bake for about 10 minutes.
Yields about fourteen 1 1/2″ cookie dough balls