frittata, baked potato
- 1 1/4 1 1/4 2, 1" russet potatoes, about 2, scrubbed, cut into 1" dice
- 2 2 2 tbsp olive oil
- to salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 10 10 3/4" thick cut bacon slices, cut into 3/4" dice
- 10 10 10 eggs
- 1 1/2 1 1/2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 1/4 1 cup plus 1 tbsp minced fresh chives
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup sour cream
preheat oven to 500. in bowl, combine potatoes, 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. transfer to baking sheet. bake, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 30 minutes. let cool 30 minutes.
in deep half of frittata pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp, about 10 minutes. drain on paper towels. discard fat in pan. finely chop 2 tbsp bacon; reserve for garnish.
in large bowl, whisk eggs, salt, pepper, 1 cup cheese and 1/4 cup chives. in deep half of frittata pan over medium heat, warm 2 tsp oil. add potatoes and diced bacon to pan; pour in egg mixture. cook, using spatula to lift cooked edges and allow uncooked eggs to flow underneath, about 2 minutes, then cook 4-6 minutes more. lightly brush shallow pan with 1 tsp oil. heat over medium heat. place shallow pan upside down on top of deep pan; flip frittata into shallow pan. cook, covered, until eggs are set, about 6 minutes. uncover pan, sprinkle frittata with 1/2 cup cheese. bake frittata 4 minutes. slide onto serving plate. garnish with reserved bacon and 1 tbsp chives. serve with sour cream.