Bubble Corn Bread - Bread Machine Start
- 3/8 3/8 3/8 cups milk
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup water
- 1 1 1 egg
- 3 1/2 3 1/2 1/2 cups unbleached white bread flour
- 1 1 cup 1 scant cup yellow corn meal
- 1 1 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 1 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 1 1/2 1/2 tsp. rapid rise yeast
- 1 1 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh green chilies
- 2/3 2/3 2/3 cup drained canned corn kernels
- 2 2 2 Tbsp. butter
Adapted from google.com
1. Pour the milk and water in the bread pan. Add the egg. Sprinkle over the flour and corn meal, covering the liquid. Add the sugar and salt in separate corners. Make a small indent in the flour and add the yeast.
2. Set the bread machine to the dough cycle and press start. Add the chilies and corn when the machine beeps or during the last 5 minutes of kneading. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
3. When the dough cycle had finished, remove the dough and gently knock it back (punch it down), then cut it into 20 equal pieces. Shape into balls.
4. Arrange half of the dough balls in the base of a 8 1/2 inch non-stick spring-form cake pan, spacing them slightly apart. Place the remaining balls of dough on top so that they cover the spaces.
5. Cover the pan with oiled plastic wrap and leave to rise in a warm place for about 30-45 minutes until almost doubled in size. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
6. Melt the butter in a small pan. Drizzle it over the top of the risen loaf.
7. Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes or until golden and well risen. Turn the bread out on to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cold.