Green Beans With Shiitake Mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons butter - (3/4 stick)
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms stemmed, caps sliced
- 2 shallots chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 pounds slender green beans trimmed
- 2/3 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shiitake mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to medium bowl.
Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in same skillet. Add shallots and garlic and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes. Add green beans and toss to coat with butter. Pour broth over green bean mixture. Cover and simmer until liquid evaporates and green beans are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir in shiitake mushrooms. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to platter and serve.
This recipe yields 8 servings.