Stuffed bagel balls
5 points for 2
- 1 cup (5 oz) unbleached all purpose flour, whole wheat or gluten-free mix*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (make sure it’s not expired or it won’t rise)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (use less if using table salt)
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt (not regular yogurt, it will be too sticky)
- 4 tablespoons (4 ounces, or half package) 1/3 less fat cream cheese, cut into 8 cubes
- 1 egg white, beaten (whole egg works fine too)
- (optional toppings: everything bagel seasoning, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried garlic flakes, dried onion flakes)**
- Read more at https://www.skinnytaste.com/stuffed-bagel-balls/#kkYREJbfS124iakx.99
In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well.
Add the yogurt and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined, it will look like small crumbles.
Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough a few times until dough is tacky, but not sticky, about 15 turns (it should not leave dough on your hand when you pull away).
Divide dough into 8 equal balls. Flatten each ball into circles, then place 1/2 tablespoon cream cheese on each. Cover the dough well and roll into a ball. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Top with egg wash and sprinkle with seasoning of your choice if desired.
Spray the basket to avoid sticking.
Preheat the air fryer 325F degrees and set for 11 to 12 minutes. Transfer in batches without overcrowding and bake 11 to 12 minutes, or until golden.
No need to turn. Let cool at least 10 minutes before eating.