- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 ounces shredded Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon minced canned chipotle en adobo
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing pan
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 medium-sized Vidalia onions, thinly sliced 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained 1 cup slivered almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with butter,
in a large bowl, stir together the eggs, cream, and Parmesan. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cayenne, chipotle, and garlic, Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture and set aside.
Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until caramelized. Add the water chestnuts and cook for another 5 minutes.
Stir the onion mixture into the egg mixture and spoon into the greased baking dish. Sprinkle with slivered almonds and bake until the pudding is set, about 30 minutes.