Garbanzo Bean Salad With Tomatoes And Chipotle Chilies
- 2 cans garbanzo beans - (15 1/2 oz ea) drained (chickpeas)
- 2 plum tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chilies (available at Latin American markets and some supermarkets)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted shelled pumpkin seeds
Toss all ingredients except pumpkin seeds in medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made up to 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
This recipe yields 4 servings.