Potato Leek Soup (Robert Irvine)
The best ever
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 4 leeks (whites only) sliced thin
- 3 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- (used season salt, spinach seasoning too)
Put the chicken stock, potatoes, eeks, celery, bay leaf and thyme in a large pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Boil until potatoes are soft (15 to 20 min).
Remove the bay leaf. Using an immersion blender (or in blender or food processor), blend the soup until smooth. Pour the soup into a medium pot, add the cream and simmer until the soup has thickened.