Chicken and Tortellini with Marsala Sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced shallots
- Stir in:
- 1/4 cup dry Marsala (I used Marsala cooking wine.)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pkg (16-20 ounces) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Off heat, stir in:
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
Cooking time 30mins
Combine parsley and zest; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Melt butter in a saute pan over medium heat. Add shallots and saute until softened, 3-5 minutes.
Stir in Marsala and cook until nearly evaporated.
Add broth and bring to a boil. Add tortellini; cover and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Stir in cream, bring to a simmer, and season with salt and pepper.
Off heat, stir in chicken and Parmesan. Garnish each serving with parsley mixture.