Cranberry-Apple Crisp With Oatmeal Streusel Topping
- 1 cup golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter - (1 stick) cut into pieces
- 2 packages cranberries - (12 oz ea)
- 1 1/4 pounds Golden Delicious or Fuji apples peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2" cubes - (abt 3 med)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple juice or cider
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
For Topping: Combine brown sugar, oats, flour, and salt in large bowl; toss to blend. Add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture comes together in moist clumps. Cover; chill while preparing filling. (Topping can be prepared 1 day ahead; keep chilled.)
For Filling: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously butter 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dish. Combine cranberries, apples, sugar, and apple juice in heavy large pot. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring often. Boil until cranberries are tender and juices thicken slightly, about 5 minutes.
Transfer filling to prepared dish. Sprinkle topping over. Bake crisp until filling bubbles thickly and topping is crisp and deep golden brown, about 40 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes. Serve with ice cream.
This recipe yields 12 servings.
You'll also love
- Bulgarian Beef Stew 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Casserole 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with... 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Banana Chocolate Chip Baked... 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- White Chocolate Strawberry Torte 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Spinach & Strawberry Salad 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Applesauce Cookies 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Cranberry Banana Oatmeal Pancakes 4.4/5 (11 Votes)