PARMESAN-BAKED MASHED POTATOES
- 1-3/4 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cubed
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding sour cream, egg whites and butter. Stir in parsley, green onions, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
3. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.