French Toast Muffins
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 2 tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1-1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1-1/4 cups milk, divided
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar, divided
- 3 slices white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 Tbsp. maple-flavored or pancake syrup
Heat oven to 350ºF.
Combine flour, dry pudding mix, baking powder, salt and 1 tsp. cinnamon in large bowl.
Beat 1 egg, 1/4 cup milk, 2 Tbsp. sugar and remaining cinnamon in medium bowl with whisk until blended. Add bread; stir until evenly moistened.
Whisk remaining egg in separate medium bowl. Add butter, remaining milk and sugar; mix well. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.)
Spoon batter into 12 muffin pan cups sprayed with cooking spray. Top with bread mixture; press lightly into batter with back of spoon.
Bake 28 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Brush with syrup. Cool in pan 5 min. Remove to wire rack; cool slightly.