Triple Meat Breakfast Bread Pudding
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 (12-ounce) package thick cut bacon
- 1/2 pound loose sweet Italian sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup ham (diced)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 6-7 slices day-old sandwich bread (cubed, Pullman loaf)
- 4 scallions (root ends removed, thinly sliced)
- 2 cups fresh sharp cheddar (shredded)
- maple syrup (to serve, optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cooking time 120mins
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside. Grease a tube pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil and set aside. Line two plates with paper towels and set aside.
Arrange bacon in an even layer on prepared baking sheet and bake until crispy, about 10-15 minutes. Transfer to prepared plate, set aside, and lower oven temperature to 350ºF. Once cool enough to handle, crumble bacon.
Heat a medium saute pan over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add sausage and cook until golden brown, breaking up as it cooks, about 8 minutes. Add chili flakes and ham, and cook 1-2 more minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage mixture to the prepared plate, and set aside to cool completely.
In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and milk, and season with salt and pepper. Add the scallions, crumbled bacon, and sausage mixture, stirring to combine. Fold in the cheese and bread, ensuring bread is soaked in custard. Transfer mixture to the prepared tube pan and gently press down.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, and bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes more. Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
Tip: Use any leftover bread you have on hand in this recipe!