Fried Pork Chops in Lemon Butter Sauce
- 4 thinly sliced center cut pork loin chops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup unseasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons oil for frying
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
Adapted from lilluna.com
Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
Add flour to a shallow dish. Add eggs and water to another shallow dish. Add bread crumbs and cheese to a third shallow dish.
Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat until shimmering.
Prepare each pork chop while oil is heating up. Dredge chops in flour, then egg mixture then breadcrumb/cheese mixture.
Add pork chops to oil and cook for 5 minutes of each side (or until golden brown). Remove from pan and place on paper-towel lined plate.
Clean out skillet and add 1/2 cup chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add lemon slices and let liquid reduce by half. Turn heat to low and add the remaining broth along with butter.
Add chops back to the pan and coat in the sauce cooking an additional 5 minutes or until fully cooked through. Serve warm.