Tuscan Butter Shrimp
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c. halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 c. baby spinach
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 c. basil, thinly sliced
- Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season shrimp all over with salt and pepper. When oil is shimmering but not smoking, add shrimp and sear until underside is golden, about 2 minutes, then flip until opaque. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium and add butter. When butter has melted, stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tomatoes are beginning to burst then add spinach and cook until spinach is beginning to wilt.
Stir in heavy cream, parmesan and basil and bring mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
Return shrimp to skillet and stir to combine. Cook until shrimp is heated through, garnish with more herbs and squeeze lemon on top before serving.