Asparagus & French Green Bean Salad
Features French green beans, asparagus, shallots, chives, bacon, hard boiled eggs and a lovely balsamic vinaigrette. Very simple to make, super healthy and super delicious!
- 1 pound French green beans, stems removed
- 2 pounds asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil and add beans and asparagus. Return to boil, lower heat and simmer about 2 to 4 minutes until vegetables are tender but still crisp. Drain and refresh under cold water. Let cool completely.
In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar and oil until smooth. Season to taste. Set aside.
Chop cooled vegetables and transfer to a salad bowl. Sprinkle with shallot, chives and bacon. Drizzle with vinaigrette and top with eggs.
You'll also love
- Chicken Pot Pie 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Clean Your Car Windows with... 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Stuffed Pork Tenderloin 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Turkey Florentine Stuffed Cabbage... 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Krispy Coconut Oatmeal Cookies 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Broccoli, Asparagus and Quinoa... 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- French Fries with Bulgogi and... 4.8/5 (9 Votes)