- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 3 1/2 ounces of room temperature butter
- 1.6 cups of coconut milk (26 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of whole milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups of sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup of grated coconut, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Separate the egg yolks and egg whites then store the whites in the fridge. In a bowl, add sugar, butter, and egg yolks. Beat until the mix is smooth and fluffy.
Add half of the coconut milk, then mix.
Add flour and mix until incorporated. Stir in 1/2 cup of whole milk.
In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whites into the egg yolk mixture.
Add the baking powder and mix well.
Grease and flour a baking pan. Pour mixture into the pan.
Bake for 30 minutes.
While the cake is baking, pour the condensed milk in a bowl then mix in the remaining ½ cup of whole milk and coconut milk. When the cake is ready, remove from oven. While cake is still hot, pierce the top with a fork several times, and pour the topping over the cake.
Ganish with grated coconut.