Chicken - Caprese Stuffed Balsamic Chix
- 4 chicken breasts
- S&P to season
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomato strips in oil
- 4 mozzarell cheese slices
- basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut a pocket about 3/4 quarter of the way through on the thickest side of each breast, being careful not to cut all the way.
2. Season chicken with S&P, dried herbs. pour 1 tsp sundried tomato oil over each breast, rubbing some of the seasoning inside the pockets.
3. Fill each with 2 slices of tomato, 2 tsp sun dried tomato strips, one slice mozzarella cheese and basil leaves.
4. Seal with 3-4 toothpicks diagonally to keep the filling inside while cooking.
5. Heat 2 tsp of sun dried tomato oil (or olive oil) in a skillet or non stick pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken and fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden.
6. While the chicken is cooking, mix together the garlic, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar in a small jug. pour the mixture into the pan around the chicken; bring to a simmer while stirring occasionally, until the glaze has slightly thickened.
7. Transfer pan to preheated oven and continue to cook for a further 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese has melted.
8. Remove toothpicks and drizzle with pan juices.