CREAMY CAULIFLOWER AND LEEK GRATIN
Really like the leeks in this. Yummy
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) coconut oil or unsalted butter
- 2 large leeks, well washed, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sea salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) roughly chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) arrowroot flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) unsweetened soy milk or 2% milk
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) grated Parmesan cheese or dairy-free cheese
Adapted from freshthyme.com
Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
In large pot, melt oil or butter over medium heat.
Add leeks, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and tarragon.
Saute over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, or until leeks are softened.
Add arrowroot, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
Slowly drizzle in milk, stirring constantly (a large whisk is helpful), being sure to eliminate any lumps.
Increase heat, continuing to stir until milk bubbles. Add cauliflower, stirring to combine.
Cover and cook over medium-low until cauliflower becomes slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
Pour into casserole dish and top with cheese.
Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender and cheese bubbles.
If it browns too quickly, cover with piece of parchment paper.
Each serving contains: 224 calories; 12 g protein; 12 g total fat (8 g sat. fat, 0 g trans fat); 20 g total carbohydrates (9 g sugars, 3 g fiber); 460 mg sodium