- 12 12 12 tart apples, washed and dried
- 1 1 1 cup light corn syrup
- dash dash of salt
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup butter
- 2 2 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1−14 1−14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 3/4 3/4 cup chopped salted peanuts (Optional)
- I have also used: Chocolate Drizzle, White Chocolate Drizzle, M&M's, Reese's Pieces, & Oreo's.
Preparation time 12mins
Cooking time 22mins
Adapted from google.com
In 2 quart saucepan melt butter and add salt, syrup and sugar.
Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes
to a full boil, 10−12 minutes. Stir in milk and continue cooking,
stirring occaisionally, until small amount of mixture dropped in
ice water forms a ball or candy thermometer reaches 245 F.
Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. Dip apples in carmel mixture.
Place coated apples on waxed paper. Put peanuts in a small
bowl so you can dip the apples in. Allow to dry completely
and then place in air tight container.