adapted from Veganomicon
- 1 mango peeled and diced into small pieces ( or pineapple)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 2 T pineapple juice
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups black beans ( or one can)
- a few lettuce leaves to garnish
Combine fruit, pepper, scallions and cilantro in bowl. Add vinegar, pineapple juice and mix.
Add quinoa and stir till well mixed. Fold in black beans. May be served chilled or room temp. May be served over a few lettuce leaves.