Old- Fashioned Meatloaf
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 400. Coat a baking sheet pan with cooking spray,
2. Heat oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high, add the onion, garlic, carrots and thyme, cook stirring, until softened about 8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Stir in breadcrumbs, 1/3 cup ketchup, parsley, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
When throughly combined, stir in beef and egg. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and form into a 9 x 5 inch leaf. Spread the remaining 1/3 cup ketchup over the top and sides of the loaf.
4. Bake for about 55 - 60 minutes. Allow to stand 15 minutes before slicing. Makes 8 servings.