French Onion Soup
Quick and easy microwave cooking
- 3 or 4 medium onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can condensed chicken broth
- 1 can condensed beef broth
- 4 slices toasted French bread
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place onion and butter in 2-quart casserole. Cover. Microwave high for 6 to 8 minuets until tender, stirring once during cooking.
2. Combine chicken and beef broth and add enough water to make 4 cups. Add broth mixture to onions. Cover. Microwave high for 4 to 6 minuets until mixture is hot. Ladle into 4 bowls.
3. Top each serving with one slice of toasted French bread and 1/4 of each variety of cheese. Microwave at high for 5 to 7 minuets until cheese is melted. You can do 2 bowls at 2 to 4 minuets.