CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
One pot/slow cooker/instapot
- 1lb1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed of excess fat
- 11 yellow onion diced
- 2cloves2 cloves garlic minced
- 24oz.24 oz. chicken broth (low sodium)
- 215oz cans2 15oz cans great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 24oz cans2 4oz cans diced green chiles (I do one hot, one mild)
- 115oz can1 15oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 1tsp1 tsp salt
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1tsp1 tsp cumin
- 3/4tsp3/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4tsp1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- small handfulsmall handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 4oz4 oz reduced fat cream cheese softened
- 1/4cup1/4 cup half and half
- sliced jalapenos
- sliced avocados
- dollop of sour cream
- minced fresh cilantro
- tortilla strips
- shredded Monterey jack or Mexican cheese
Adapted from thechunkychef.com
Add chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker, top with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
Top with diced onion, minced garlic, great Northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth and cilantro. Stir.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Remove chicken to large mixing bowl, shred, then return to slow cooker.
Add cream cheese and half and half, stir, then cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
Stir well and serve with desired toppings.