Pizza Soup - Vitamix
Serving Size 1 cup (240 )
Amount Per Servings
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 34 mg
Sodium 906 mg
Total Carbohydrate 6 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 12 g
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 cup (80 g) onion, peeled, diced
- 4 (40 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup (75 g) green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices (16 g) pepperoni
- 1 1/2 ounce italian sausage, cooked, drained, broken into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cup (360 ml) water
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon (45 ml) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (55 g) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons (10 g) grated Parmesan cheese
Adapted from vitamix.com
Sauté garlic, onion, mushrooms, green pepper, and one Roma tomato in the olive oil until tender.
Mix pepperoni and cooked sausage together in a small bowl. Set aside.
Place water, half of the sautéed vegetable mixture, 2 tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
Select Variable 1.
Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
Blend for 1-3 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug.
Add remaining half of sautéed vegetables, meat mixture, and cheeses through the lid plug opening.
Blend for an additional 5-10 seconds.