Aztec Soup (China Study) - Yum
PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes - COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
MAKE S4-6 SERVInGS
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 2 1 5-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup £rozen corn
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped £resh cilantro (or in a tube)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
I I Saute onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons vegetable broth in a soup pot over medium-high
heatj until onion is soft. Add seasonings and celery and cook for 1—2 minutes.
2 1 Add vegetable broths beansj corn, and 2 tablespoons Ume juice. Bring to a boilj then reduce
heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
3 In a separate bowl combine avocado, tomato, cilantro, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice, salt and black pepper.
4 I Pour hot soup into bowls and top with a rounded tablespoon of avocado salsa.