Swordfish With Herb Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 swordfish steaks - (6 oz ea)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, basil, thyme, tarragon and dillweed in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. (Herb sauce can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Butter 8-inch square baking dish. Spread each side of swordfish steaks with 1 tablespoon herb sauce. Place in prepared dish and chill 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pour wine over swordfish. Bake until fish is just cooked through, about 17 minutes. Transfer to plates. Serve, passing remaining herb sauce separately.
This recipe yields 2 servings.