Healthy Green Bean Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1. Preheat he oven to 375°F.
2. Steam the green beans for 10 minutes, or until tender.
3. Meanwhile, melt 1 tsp of the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the cornflakes, and toss to combine. Set aside.
4. In a small saucepan, melt 1 Tbsp of the butter. Add the flour, and cook, stirring constantly with a whisk, for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk, and continue cooking until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat, and add the yogurt, cheese, onion, salt, and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted.
5. Toss the cheese mixture together with the green beans, and pour into a 9x13-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle the cornflake mixture on top of the casserole. Bake, uncovered for 20 minutes.