Sweet And Sour Red Cabbage
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1/2 apple peeled, cored, and chopped
- 4 cups thinly-sliced red cabbage - (abt 3/4 lb)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 cup diced Canadian bacon
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and apple and saute until golden, about 7 minutes.
Add cabbage, vinegar, sugar and celery seed and cook until cabbage is crisp-tender and liquid is reduced to glaze, about 10 minutes. Mix in bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 4 servings.