Scallop And Bacon Chowder
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley - (packed)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces bacon coarsely chopped
- 2 large leeks, white and pale green parts only thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes peeled, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 3 bottles clam juice (8 ounce)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 pound bay scallops connective tissue
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Blend parsley, oil, and salt in blender until smooth. Pour into small bowl. (Parsley oil can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before using.)
Cook bacon in heavy large pot over medium-high heat until crisp and brown. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons drippings from pot.
Add leeks, garlic, and thyme to pot and sauté until leeks begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add corn and sauté 2 minutes. Add potatoes, clam juice, and cream; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
Add scallops and bacon and simmer until scallops are just opaque in center, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle chowder into bowls. Drizzle 1 teaspoon parsley oil atop chowder in each bowl and serve.
This recipe yields 8 first-course servings.
You'll also love
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Delight 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallops With Maple Mustard Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Veal 0/5 (0 Votes)
- London Broil Turkey 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled BBQ Pork Chop Sandwich 0/5 (0 Votes)