Buffalo Chicken Calzones
Calzones with a Buffalo chicken - cheesy twist! I know, it sounds delicious. Right? Give it a try and you'll soon confirm why. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce, preferably Frank's RedHot
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound rotisserie chicken, shredded (4-cups)
- 1 pound pizza dough, halved
- 1 cup Monterey Jack, shredded (4-ounces)
- Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Flaky sea salt and coarse black pepper, to taste
- Blue Cheese dressing and celery, for serving
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 43mins
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. In a saucepan, combine the buffalo sauce and butter and simmer over moderate heat until the butter is melted, 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the chicken.
On a lightly floured work surface, roll out 1 piece of dough to a 10 inch round. Transfer to one side of the baking sheet.
Spoon half the chicken on one half of the dough round and top with half of the cheese. Fold the dough over the filling. Moisten the edge with water, then crimp to seal. Cut 3 slits in the top then brush with calzone with olive oil and season with flaky salt and black pepper. Repeat to make one more calzone.
Bake the calzones for about 20 minutes, until the crust is golden. Let stand for 5 minutes, then serve with blue cheese dressing and celery.