Easy Shrimp Scampi
Easy meal made with frozen shrimp cooked with and a few other ingredients and served atop angel hair pasta. Serve with hot, crusty French bread or Garlic bread.
- 1 (1-ounce) bag frozen uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- Cayenne pepper, dash garlic salt, and pinches of salt and pepper for seasoning the shrimp
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 medium green onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- BUTTER GARLIC ANGEL HAIR PASTA:
- 1 (8-ounce) box angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Pat shrimp dry with paper towels and place in a mixing bowl; season with a little cayenne, garlic salt, and salt and pepper and stir to combine. Set aside.
In a 10-inch skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat; add the seasoned shrimp, green onion, garlic powder, parsley, and lemon juice and stir to combine. Cook just until shrimp are done, 3 to 5 minutes (depends on size of shrimp), turning halfway through cooking time. (Don't overcook or they will be rubbery.)
Remove from heat and stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons water to deglaze the pan.
To serve, spoon shrimp over hot, buttered angel hair pasta and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Butter Garlic Angel Hair Pasta:
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water as directed on package. Drain the pasta well (do not rinse).
In a serving bowl, slice the butter into pieces and place in the bottom of the bowl along with the garlic powder.
Add the hot pasta on top on the butter and let sit for a minute for the butter to melt, then lightly toss together with 2 forks to separate the pasta.