Mandarin Coconut Salad
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar or Mirin
- 3 Tablespoons Liquid Coconut Oil or Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 head Bibb Lettuce (or 6-8 cups shredded lettuce of your choice)
- 6 Mandarin Oranges, peeled & sectioned or 1 small can mandarin oranges
- 4 Bacon Slices, cooked & crumbled
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flakes, lightly toasted, cooled
- 1/3 cup Pecans or other nuts, chopped, toasted and cooled
Adapted from silverfoodie.com
Whisk together all ingredients. (Or place in a jar with a lid and shake vigorously)
Mix together all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Toss with dressing.
Serve on individual plates or bowls.