Sloppy Joe Bake Potato
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water (reserved)
- russet potatoes (one per person)
Brown the meat in a large pan over medium/high heat and add the onion. Drain any excess grease.
Reduce the head to medium and add in the green pepper, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic, dried parsley, and salt. Mix well.
Meanwhile, in a small pot, bring 2/3 cup water to a boil.
Blend the tomato sauce, and tomato paste. Blend well then add to the beef mixture.
Add 2 tablespoons of the reserved date water.
Wash and dry a russet potato. Poke the potato with a fork or knife a few times and then microwave for 5-7 minutes. Until the potato is soft inside.
Serve sloppy joe mixture on top of baked potato and garnish with green onion