Potato, Roasted Pepper And Arugula Salad
- 7 pounds red potatoes cut 3/4" pieces
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 4 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 cans flat anchovy fillets - (1 3/4 to 2 oz ea) drained, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar plus
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 2 bunches green onions sliced
- 2 bunches fresh arugula sliced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Place potatoes in large pot. Cover with water. Boil until potatoes are just tender. Drain well. Transfer to large bowl. Mix in white wine.
Char peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Wrap in paper bag and let stand 10 minutes. Peel and seed. Rinse if necessary; pat dry. Cut peppers into 3/4-inch squares. Transfer to medium bowl.
Combine anchovies and vinegar in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Pour 2/3 cup dressing over peppers. Add remaining dressing, green onions and arugula to potatoes and mix gently. Season peppers and potatoes with salt and pepper. Let stand 30 minutes.
Gently mix peppers into potatoes. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
This recipe yields 12 servings.