Pressure Cooker Sloppy Joes
- 2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 1.25 cups sweet onion diced small
- 1.25 cups green bell pepper diced small
- 2 cloves fresh garlic finely minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2.5 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 3.5 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1.5 cups/12 ounces tomao puree
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard seed
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup water
Adapted from ThisOldGal.com
Select saute or browning on your pressure cooker cooking pot and allow to fully heat.
Add oil and coat the bottom of the pot. add onions, peppers, garlic and ground beef.
Saute until ground been is slightly brown. Use a splatter guard and carefully pour out the grease/liquid.
Pour in red wine vinegar and deglaze the cooking pot, if needed. Mix in worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and tomao puree. Add salt, pepper, chili, mustard, red pepper flakes, tomato paste, water and mix together.
Lock on lid and close pressure balve. Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes. When beep sounds, allow a 15 minute natural pressure release.
Open lid and select saute,browning. Simmer until much of the liquid evaporated and consistency is thick.