Carmel Corn - Linda's File
Great for super bowl. Everyone loves this.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (I use butter)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 (3 oz) pkgs microwave popcorn popped (16 cups) Butter flavor works really well
- 1 cup mixed nuts (optional) - I use cashews
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
1) Stir together first 5 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil over med heat, stirring constantly.
2) Remove mixture from heat, and stir in baking soda.
3) Place half of the popcorn and if desired nuts in each of two lightly greased shallow roasting pans.
4) Pour sugar mixture evenly over the popcorn; Stir well with a greased spatula.
5) Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
6) Spread on wax paper to cool, breaking large clumps as mixture cools.
7) Store in airtight container.