From Southern Living
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into rings
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2-oz) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6-oz) can Italian-style tomato paste
- 3/4 cup dry wed wine or chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked spaghetti
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Brown chicken in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken, reserving drippings in pan. Add bell pepper and onion to hot drippings, and saute until tender.
Return chicken to pan; add garlic and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Serve over spaghetti.