Paleo One Pot Cauliflower Chowder
Move over, corn chowder and back it up, loaded baked potato soup, this one pot cauliflower chowder is the best fall soup this year!
- 3 to 4 slices bacon, chopped in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted goat butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3 cups low fatcocnut milk
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Grated Cheddar Cheese for serving, if desired
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from ohsweetbasil.com
Start out by chopping your bacon into little pieces and add them to a dutch oven to render out the fat. Once the bacon is cooked, and it wont take long, use a slotted spoon to remove the pieces to a paper towel lined plate. Drain the fat out of the pot but do not wipe clean. Those browned bits on the bottom will happen if you’ve used a dutch oven or stainless steel pot. That’s why you always see our Le Creuset, bits of the food are on the bottom and they add a ridiculous amount of flavor to any meal.
Place a little butter and olive oil in the pot and add your onion, carrot and celery and once they start cooking, about 2 minutes, add the cauliflower and cook and turn the heat down to medium low for 15 minutes or until tender. At this point add your garlic and thyme that way they become fragrant, but don’t burn due to the long 15 minutes.
Next it’s all a matter of thickening things up. Add the flour and a little more oil if the bottom of the pot is dry, and stir until the veggies are all coated. Pour in the liquids, salt and pepper and bay leaf and allow to simmer 20-40 minutes over low heat. We are hungry by this point and usually just do 20.
Taste the soup right before serving and add more salt if it’s bland. Serve with bacon bits, cheese and parsley!
You'll also love
- Pan de Polvo (Mexican Cookies) 3.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Mushroom Scrambled Eggs 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Coffee Cake 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Instant Pot® Mac and... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Farmhouse Chicken... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Hamburger Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Grießnockerlsuppe (Semolina... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Everyday Paleo Crab Cakes 4.6/5 (7 Votes)