Peach Cobbler for Two
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen peaches
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
1. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Add peaches; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in butter and lemon juice.
2. For topping, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Stir in milk, butter and orange peel.
3. Transfer hot peach mixture to an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. spoon topping over peaches. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 2 servings.