Penne With Broccoli And Mushrooms
- 4 cups broccoli florets - (abt 1 bunch)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 6 large garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces penne or other tubular pasta freshly cooked
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Steam 4 cups broccoli florets until crisp-tender. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and saute until mushrooms are almost tender, about 5 minutes.
Add cream, thyme and red pepper and bring to boil. Add pasta and broccoli and cook until pasta is coated, tossing gently, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to large bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (1068 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.3/5 (958 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.4/5 (566 Votes)
- Baked Penne with Chicken, Broccoli... 4.4/5 (333 Votes)
- Cajun Jambalaya Pasta 4.4/5 (76 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)