Pasta With Smoked Turkey And Wild Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large shallots chopped
- 4 portobello mushrooms - (abt 8 oz) stemmed, dark gills
- removed, chopped
- 4 cups chopped stemmed shiitake mushrooms (abt 5 oz)
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded, diced
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 pound smoked turkey diced
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add chopped shallots and sauté 1 minute. Add portobello and shiitake mushrooms and bell pepper and sauté until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
Add white wine and boil until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add 1 cup whipping cream and simmer until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
Add remaining 1 cup whipping cream and diced smoked turkey; simmer 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain well. Add pasta to sauce in pot and toss to coat. Add cheese and chives and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
The chef makes this with smoked chicken; we use smoked turkey, which is easier to find.
You'll also love
- Parmesan-Crusted Lemon Chicken 4/5 (1 Votes)
- English Chocolate Trifle With... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp And Mushrooms In Spicy... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sauteed Duck Breast With Figs And... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cider-Brined Pork Chops With... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Penne With Grilled Tomatoes And... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lobster And Crab Ravioli 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Italian Turkey Sausage... 4/5 (1 Votes)