Herbed Yorkshire Puddings
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 tablespoons reserved pan drippings see * Note (or 6 tablespoons olive oil)
* Note: From "Roast Prime Rib With Madeira Sauce And Horseradish Sauce" (see recipe).
Whisk eggs in medium bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in milk. Sift flour and salt into egg mixture; whisk until well blended and smooth. Whisk in all herbs. Let batter stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes or refrigerate up to 3 hours. Rewhisk before using.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place 16 standard (1/3 cup) metal muffin cups in oven to preheat 10 minutes. Place 1 teaspoon drippings from rib roast in each muffin cup. Return pan to oven until drippings are very hot, about 8 minutes.
Immediately spoon 2 generous tablespoonfuls batter atop hot drippings in each muffin cup. Bake until puddings are golden and puffy, about 12 minutes (puddings will sink in center but edges will stay puffy). Serve hot.
This recipe yields about 16 puddings.