Winter Harvest Salad with Wild Rice, Cranberries & Citrus
This salad makes a wonderful addition to a nice lunch or dinner. Winter harvest salad features baby kale, wild rice, dried cranberries, freshly squeezed citrus juice and much more.
- 5 ounces organic girl i heart baby kale
- 2 tangerines or Mandarins, peeled and sliced into segments
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup cranberries, dried
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons pepitas
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from spoonfulofflavor.com
In a large mixing bowl, add the baby kale, citrus, wild rice, cranberries, almonds, red onion, and pepitas. Toss to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, red wine vinegar and black pepper. Add half of the dressing to the salad and toss.
Add remaining dressing, as desired. Serve immediately