Haricots Verts And Carrots With Mustard And Chervil
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound large carrots peeled, and cut 2" by 1/3" by 1/3" sticks
- 2 pounds haricots verts or slender green beans trimmed
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup water
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chervil (or parsley)
Stir cream and mustard in small bowl to blend. Set aside.
Melt butter in heavy large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots and sauté 3 minutes. Add haricots verts; sprinkle generously with salt. Pour 3/4 cup water over. Cover and boil until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
Uncover; boil until water evaporates, about 2 minutes. Add cream mixture to vegetables and stir until coated, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add chervil and toss to blend. Transfer to bowl and serve.
This recipe yields 12 servings.