Green Onion-Sesame Biscuits
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 large green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 medium garlic cloves pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream - (or more)
- 1/2 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 egg beaten for glaze
- Sesame seeds as needed
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Combine 1 cup cream and sesame oil in small bowl. Mix into dry ingredients. Add enough additional cream by tablespoons to bind dough. Knead 30 seconds.
Flatten dough into 1/2-inch-round. Cut out biscuits using 2 1/2-inch-diameter cookie cutter dipped into flour. Gather scraps and reform into round. Cut out additional biscuits.
Transfer to baking sheet. Brush with egg glaze. Top with sesame seeds. Bake until biscuits rise and tops are brown, about 35 minutes. Cool slightly.
This recipe yields about 10 biscuits.